30.5.09

Its *after* 1 o'clock in the morning: Sunday Six III


As the happy nature of the title of this post suggests, it is a bit late (GMT - 31/05/09) however, I have been completing art coursework.. which has been spanking me like a bitch.

First of all, heres a shout to all our german friends (in Germany) - heres the Dance scene in the UK... :)

Apollo - We Plants Are Happy Plants
My partner in crime got me onto WPAHP about 2 months ago, and their tracks blew me away, with their stunning blend of chilled electro and indie. Anyway, this is probably my favourite track by them ever, so have a listen

Boom Boom Pow - Black Eyed Peas (Mr. GASPAR remix)

This fellow knows when to pick a huge pop hit, and turn it into a big club tune. GASPAR did it in 2008 with 'I kissed a Girl', and here he has done it again, coming out, unlike Chew Fu's remix, giving a totally new feel, with a funky mid-tone riff that would tear through children's brains.

California Love - 2Pac (Big Nasty Remix)
This is such a big tune... the original makes me bop like a loony in a psychiatric ward... and when out doing photography one night, this tune was dropped, so I had to search out what it was. Deadmau5 ha5 al5o done a remix of this track, but it'5 too progre55ive for me.

Poker Face - Lady Gaga (LAZRTag Remix)

I've stumbled my way down the commercial route for this post, but fuck it, the crowd go bonkers for a commercial hit or two that they know in the set.. This again turns a huge pop hit into a club bouncer... As in it will make you bounce, not refuse you entry becuase you are too young, or are dressed like a chav. But chavs arent cool.....

Don't Upset The Rhythm - Noisettes (Kissy Sell Out Remix)
Kissy's remix turns the original quirky track from being a catchy little number into a dirty banger - Great success!!

Finally, From The 'Remix After All' Album I take the track Television Rules the Nation in the Dirty Disco Youth Remix.


Keep the beat Alive y'all

No comments: